Monday, February 8, 2010

Parsley: vegetable not biodegradable garnish

Yesterday I wished that I would ever see where the morning sun falls in the yard I moved into almost three months ago. There have been moments of sun in the past few months, just not ever simultaneously a)when I'm at home b) before noon c) when I'm awake.

Today it is glorious, and all I've done is argue with the trash company. It's enough to make you cuss.

Time to fill a fashionable bright blue "tub trug"(known from now on as a bucket) with soil amendments, tools and seeds. The bucket has only ever used for laundry before. But now I have energy slaves for that and can go queening around the garden spreading slug bait. Organically approved slugbait guaranteed safe for pets and wildlife. Don't want too many civilian deaths before I reach detente with order Insecta. Now to plant peas and hope they grow faster than slugs can eat them. Also breadseed poppies and hope its cold enough for them to germinate. Also more parsley. Can you have too much? It is my favorite green food. Recipes sure to come when there are more leaves than I can eat by myself in the yard.
I

No comments:

Post a Comment